Our BHS approved livery yard provides a well-equipped, safe environment where your horse will receive twenty-four hour supervision and be cared for by qualified and experienced staff. Most of our liveries have been with us for years, which is testimony to the service we offer and the friendly, supportive atmosphere here.
We offer a standard livery package but are happy to discuss the needs of you and your horse to tailor a package to suit. Applications for working livery are welcome but are dependent on the nature and suitability of the horse.
Turn-out is available Monday to Friday all year dependent on weather and grazing conditions. However, we reserve the right to decline turnout if a horse is likely to get hurt, bully other horses or damage fencing.
The number of liveries is limited to ensure the well-being of the horses, prevent over-crowded grazing and so that clients can fully enjoy the facilities. For the welfare of all our horses, we do insist that all liveries follow the yard’s structured worming program.
• A stable with rubber matting and appropriate bedding
• Mucked out once a day and skipped out as required
• Constant fresh water supply
• Suitable feed (hard feed twice daily and haylage* as required)
• A secure tack room
• Daily turnout (Monday to Friday)
• A lockable pen for equipment storage
• One half-price class lesson per week on your horse or pony
• Use of the private outdoor school and small school (subject to availability)
• Hire of large school at reduced rates
• Vet and Farrier dealt with on your behalf
• Parking for trailers and wagons
*Hay is also available for an additional charge
Contact us for details of current prices and to arrange a visit to see the yard.
We can provide holiday stabling and turnout for your horse. Visit the Holidays section of our website for more details.
• A large 40m x 22m indoor arena, with training mirrors, sound system and spectators’ gallery
• A smaller indoor school with gallery
• Jumping paddock with cross-country jumps
• A complete set of show jumps
• Working hunter jumps
• Two classrooms
• A practical demonstration / assessment area
• Thirty five stables
• Horse walker
• Wash box
• Covered grooming bay
• Client conveniences
• Reception area with vending machine
• Car park
The arena is available for hire when not being used for lessons. Please contact to check availability.
I've been riding at Longfield for 7 years and I’ve never gone a lesson without learning something new. The best thing so far was going to the Pony Club championships in 2010, it was ace!
Having been a contented 'happy hacker' for many years I had developed several bad habits and needed some professional input... What a find Longfield Equestrian Centre has been! Well cared for, happy contented horses, great facilities and a truly wonderful, friendly and helpful staff. My instructor Kate has been superb. Taking time to understand what i want from the lessons, she has a great way of explaining things, is happy to answer any questions and has worked with me to improve my riding position and skills. I would not hesitate in recommending Longfield Eqestrian Centre to anyone.
As a livery at Longfield, I feel that my horse is kept in safe hands and i have mountains of knowledge and help around me!
My Instructor Kate is the best, as she gets the best out of me, with lessons that are challenging and fun. I’m left very satisfied and looking forward to learning more. All possible thanks to well cared for chosen horses.